Monday, April 5, 2010

Stars + Steak + TBC + Starbucks = me likey!

I am not very experimental with the music I listen to... I kinda stick to the easy listening type. Mostly old favorites. When I was a lot younger I enjoyed the music[?] of GnR...Bon Jovi... Nirvana and the like. As I mature, I switched to different genres and now find it hard to listen to the music of artists I once appreciated. 

My playlist = BORING. I kinda liked it that way but a few additions will not hurt, would it? Anyway, my friends and I were on vacation leave last March 31st purposely to spend time away from work and just chill. Marya suggested that we check out one of her favorite band performing at the G Strip in Greenhills for the Sun Victory Party. Thinking that I have not been to Greenhills in years [yes..years!] She got my vote. 

We started our night with a scrumptious meal at Tender Bob's. We ordered the following: 

[1] Seafood Platter 
[2] Steak Platter 
[3] Beef Salpicao 
[4] garlic rice 


For our drinks.. 
ripe mango shake [mine!]
green mango shake [marya]
bottomless iced tea [korholyo]
bottomless lemonade [kulot]

... and of course they had beer. 

After dinner, we went to the strip to check out the victory party. The "party" was kinda off.. the crowd was close to nil. Some college bands gave their best shot keep the very few people to stay and watch their performances. The audience was awkwardly silent. While waiting for Marya's fave band, we decided to check out one of the restos in area and ordered beer. Soon it was Taken By Cars' turn.

At the onset of their performance, I thought their music was different. Their sound is distinct, plus Sarah's voice is hypnotic! It took just a little time to convince myself that I was literally Taken by Cars! It turned the rather boring party around and I ended up enjoying the set. I asked kulot to share a copy of their songs so I can include it in my playlist. 

The set was over and as always, we decided to cap the night with good conversation over our favorite frappes at Starbucks Metrowalk. It was a laid back.. yet uber fun night spent with friends. I can't wait for the next group date!

FYI. I have been listening to Taken By Cars songs the whole week and counting... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages