Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cravings

Catanduanes, Batangas and Bacolod City...have one thing in common. They have a special place in my heart. Catanduanes is the place where I grew up. Batangas spelled vacation to me when I was young. My dad is from the land of the Batanguenos.Unlike the first 2 provinces, Bacolod does not have anything to do with my roots. It's just that I worked in this beautiful city for two years. I have made friends, lived the life of a hiligaynon and learned their dialect as well. I left Bacolod in May of 2005 and was not able to visit since then. 

It's almost 5 years. And within that time I still feel the connection I have with the place, the culture and the people. There are a lot of things I miss about this place. The cheap taxi rides around the metro... the seafood I get to eat everyday, the beautiful places outside the city that I get to visit, the company of my super "malambing" friends and of course the FOOD! I am craving for food from Bacolod.


Here are some that are on my "CRAVINGS" list:


[1] CALEA Pastries & Coffee



 If you have been to Bacolod you are more or less aware that Calea is the place to be if you want the best cakes and pastries in town. Most if not all high end citizens prefer Calea cakes over the commercially available cakes from Goldilocks and Red Ribbon. The chocolate cake is to die for! And oh, did I mention that the chocolate mousse makes me forget my name? whew!


                                          Cakes by Calea


                                           Chocolate Cake 
                                                            
                                         Triple Chocolate Mousse


[2] Pendy's 


       
I apologize but I couldn't find a better picture than this. Although Pendy's also boast of a wide array of pastries, I fell in love with their Napoleones. The best in town I can say.


                                           Napoleones 


[3] IMAY'S

With Imay's I get to enjoy my favorite Filipino food. Aside from the usual crispy pata, kare kare and inihaw na tilapia, I always come back for their famous pinakbet. Yummy!


Pinakbet

[4] 18th St. Palapala



To complete my cravings list, nothing can beat kinilaw na tanigue and scallops in butter and garlic! I can almost taste it as I check out the pics..

scallops with tons of garlic and butter

I have lived a quite comfortable life in Bacolod. Thanks to my former boss for the experience. The Business Inn has been my home for several months before I decided to look for my own spot one of the subdivisions within the city. 

My home away from home

I miss Bacolod and I will be back soon.

MASSKARA Festival 2010... here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages