Tuesday, April 13, 2010

one fine day

I received a message from a high school classmate the other day and it said, "good friends must not always be together. It is the feeling of oneness when distant that proves a lasting friendship". TRUE

I am very lucky to have kept great friends despite different religious affiliations...contradicting political views and geographical locations. These differences made the friendship stronger. I say trust and mutual respect is the key. 

In my previous posts, I wrote about leaving TeleTech with a heavy heart. One of the many reasons that I miss my old company are the friends [family] I left behind. Thanks to Facebook and texting, we were able to keep in touch. It's not the same though. I miss hanging out with them... sharing crazy stories or just goofing around. Most of them have left TeleTech and it got harder to make our schedules meet. 

A little over a month ago, my Accenture friends and I planned a get together. Just to catch up on things and see how each of us have been in the past year. Marcky [now working for Startek], Mommy Rubs [24/7], Shaoi [24/7], Faye [Thompson], Tofer [Verizon] and Barbie [24/7] agreed to set the date on April 13th. I really felt excited to see them again. 

Today is April 13th. I just got home from our get together. Unfortunately, only Marcky and Mommy Rubs showed up. For some reason, the rest of the crew had more important things to attend to. Although it would be a lot more fun if they came, we decided to make the most out of the day. 

After my shift, I went straight to Makati to meet my friends @ Starbucks Greenbelt 3. I had my usual choco frappe and Mommy Rubs ordered Caramel Macchiato. We waited for Marck because he overslept! duh! After almost 45 minutes of wait time, he showed up. I was really happy to see both of them today. Miss them much. 

It was almost eleven thirty-ish, we decided to look for a place to eat. Our feet led us to Bubba Gump. We checked out the menu and felt that we are not up to too much shrimp. Sentro was also a good choice but we had our lunch there the last time we met. Marcky suggested we eat at Recipes by Cafe Metro. We devoured on the delicious food served. 


See pics below: 


Recipes by Cafe Metro at Greenbelt 3


crispy tilapia, gising gising & general's chicken
lechon kawali with kangkong
prawn tempura


seafood rice


I was so full. Good food + good company + great conversations = BURP! We did not even finish everything we ordered, the rest we had to take out. whew! We did not realize that the crew were waiting up on us since they are about to close. We got our check and headed to Starbucks [Glorietta 4]. We continued our great conversation over chocolate frappe mocha frappe and mango passion fruit frappe! 

It was a blast. It felt like we just saw each other yesterday. I was happy to know that Marcky is able to apply some of the things I shared with him on how I handle my team. Of course there were funny anecdotes of when we were still with TeleTech. How time flies...I am just glad I was able to keep the friendship and lucky to have such great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages