My sisters and I have been following the Harry Potter series since its first book was released in 1997. Although we have not bought a book.. [yeah, not even a single one] we have managed to read all 7 installments. Today, we decided to watch Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at the SM Cinema. To say that I was disappointed with the movie was an understatement. It lacked the HP flair.. the magical side of the movie was somewhat bland. Oh well, I am not writing this post to criticize, I am not a movie critic. The movie may not have satisfied my personal "magic fix meter" but it did pave the way for another bonding time with my siblings. I realized how I've missed them. It dawned on me that I have not spent quality time with them these past months. Sure we live in the same house but we are all consumed by our individual responsibilities that we forgot to bond as siblings. For sometime I'd say we just coexisted. My sister Meg, works for a casino. She is currently on 3 shifts and we rarely get to talk. Mia, is on her senior year in college. She is also busy joggling her way through classroom discussions and hospital duties. She too, works shifting hours. Our youngest Miko, is also preoccupied with school activities. We are 4 people who call each other family but failed to touch base on how we really are doing.
We used to joke around a lot and have pillow fights. Suddenly, I look at them and they have grown. Mia and Miko especially. My Chuchay and Bubum are now Mia and Ken to their friends.. they are now young adults starting to find their own place under the sun. I felt the need to reach out to them more. To start "talking" to them again.. I promised myself I would spend less time on sleep and Facebook during my rest days. Let them know that I am here and I will not let a day pass without telling them or making them feel that I love them.
It's not too late... we can still catch up on those lost months.
No comments:
Post a Comment