I have worked on graveyard shifts for almost 4 years and sometimes I find that urge to take time off and live a "normal life" even for just a few days. I got the opportunity to take time off last week. I have a total of 5days! While on leave, I found time to clean my room...catch up on my reading (currently reading Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn)...sleep at night and pretty much do anything that I felt like doing. One of the things I love to do is go on DVD marathons. I'd like to believe I am a very patient person but when it comes to TV series I become really impatient on having to wait up for another week for the next episodes. Needless to say, I have my own favorites. One Tree Hill and Prison Break to be specific. The most convenient way to enjoy the series season after season? Purchase a DVD copy of the entire series!During my vacation, I came across One Tree Hill Season 1. Knowing how each of the characters' lives changed throughout the different seasons.. I kinda felt nostalgic and wanted to watch season 1 all over again! So I did.
I prepared a pitcher of my favorite drink...a good number of potato chip packs beside me and I was all set. It felt good to see the characters again in their youth..when all they cared about was cheer leading and basketball. And then there's Peyton Elizabeth Sawyer... struggling to cope with the death of her mom. Peyton is an artist and I loved how she illustrates her feelings.. her emotions... through her sketches. "People Always Leave" this is the sketch she made to illustrate pain and struggle for the loss of a loved one.
It made me think of people whom I've met and lost.. We don't lose someone solely because of death. There are a lot of ways to lose someone. We lose old friends to new friends... an old flame to a new passion... the list can go on forever but for any loss..there is always an equivalent level of pain. A void that people who are left behind struggle to fill in just to make it through each day. In romance, we lost our significant others to new loves and in my case, to marriage. Even in someone's professional life, we lose colleagues. We lose them to better pay checks and new opportunities.
When I think of losing someone again...it always gives me a dreary feeling. I hope I won't have to deal with this feeling several times in my life.. But then again, reality bites.
As soon as I was back to work, my manager announced his resignation.
It felt so awful.
Peyton was right.. people always leave. :(
I prepared a pitcher of my favorite drink...a good number of potato chip packs beside me and I was all set. It felt good to see the characters again in their youth..when all they cared about was cheer leading and basketball. And then there's Peyton Elizabeth Sawyer... struggling to cope with the death of her mom. Peyton is an artist and I loved how she illustrates her feelings.. her emotions... through her sketches. "People Always Leave" this is the sketch she made to illustrate pain and struggle for the loss of a loved one.
It made me think of people whom I've met and lost.. We don't lose someone solely because of death. There are a lot of ways to lose someone. We lose old friends to new friends... an old flame to a new passion... the list can go on forever but for any loss..there is always an equivalent level of pain. A void that people who are left behind struggle to fill in just to make it through each day. In romance, we lost our significant others to new loves and in my case, to marriage. Even in someone's professional life, we lose colleagues. We lose them to better pay checks and new opportunities.
When I think of losing someone again...it always gives me a dreary feeling. I hope I won't have to deal with this feeling several times in my life.. But then again, reality bites.
As soon as I was back to work, my manager announced his resignation.
It felt so awful.
Peyton was right.. people always leave. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment