
"And they lived happily ever after"...
Most, if not all of us have read and heard about this infamous line once in our lifetime. When I was a kid I actually believed in happy ever after. Whenever I watch my favorite Disney princesses, I would picture myself with my prince and having my own happy ever after.
Then, LIFE happened.
As reality set in, it became clearer to me that fairy tales are not called as such for nothing... it would actually need a fairy godmother to grant a person his instant happy ever after with her little wand. Some people took a lifetime to achieve it and some never experienced it at all. The road to happiness may not always lead a perfect ride. More often its a bumpy.. shaky road. Only the bravest of hearts would dare endure this ride. I took this road too.. the ride entailed gallons of tears and failed relationships. At some point I got tired..I decided to stop the chase and rest.
Sitting alone reminded me of the simple things we need to appreciate in our lives.. it gave me so many realizations I have forgotten to consider as I took the journey. Then it struck me, happiness is a choice. It's something we decide on ahead of time. A decision we make every morning when we wake up. It is the acceptance of what you already have in your life and learning to appreciate it.
Happy Ever After is a state of acceptance... of contentment. In reality, it doesn't require a prince or romance to experience it .
P. S.

Sitting alone reminded me of the simple things we need to appreciate in our lives.. it gave me so many realizations I have forgotten to consider as I took the journey. Then it struck me, happiness is a choice. It's something we decide on ahead of time. A decision we make every morning when we wake up. It is the acceptance of what you already have in your life and learning to appreciate it.
Happy Ever After is a state of acceptance... of contentment. In reality, it doesn't require a prince or romance to experience it .
P. S.

You are one smart lady! Happiness is a choice, and we choose each moment.
ReplyDelete