Monday, April 6, 2009

Customer Care Center - CORE

CCC Core Team Dinner @ Kyo Hachi

Like what we always say...when a door closes..a window opens. It was in mid of October last year when I decided to join the company I am with now. To be honest, I have not heard of the company until the day I was interviewed (shame on me right?) Little did I know that accepting the offer to handle a pool of technical reps and become a part of an inhouse call center is not as boring as I perceived it to be. Of course I have my 1st impressions and most of them were negated.

The production area is only a bit larger than the pantry of Roxas DC. No kidding! The stations seemed dull compared to the colorful pods of TeleTech. I am so used to the buzz of reps on the phones across a production of almost 1000 seats but this time around the room seemed quiet..to the point of tranquility. It was a totally different atmosphere. Not to mention, the hypercritical eyes following me. I am aware of the stir it created when the management decided to hire team leaders externally. I perfectly understand how they feel... I would feel the same if it happened to me. I know I am under discriminating eyes. There was a need to prove what I am made of. c',)

I remembered being introduced to Xyra and Linet, our QA analysts. Mervin, Loie and Gay from the Work Force Management team. Ryan (Order Admin Team Lead), Mavic and John (Business Systems Team Leads) and Tine one of my co-TLs for the Consumer Team. Dexter, who turned out to be my manager was busy on the phone at that time. He was talking to Brent to which I learned later was the CCC Director based in West Kingston.

They were all pleasant. I was a week early than my batch. I got to sit down with Xy and learn on the basics of how calls are being evaluated. I met a few familiar faces as well. Reps that came from TeleTech. Over all it was a nice welcome. I was eager to know more about the product and the processes. I guess I found a new home.. well see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages