Monday, November 18, 2013

My Partner for Life - The Untold Story

19 mos and 18 days ago.. I met the man that will turn out to be the one partner I will choose to spend the rest of my life with.

The way we met was surreal...

It was the kind that most people will throw a raised eyebrow at  or the kind that people will question the sincerity of the relationship not to mention lambasting the feelings that most of us would call as "fake". 

You are right, we met through chat. (Thanks to Kate for introducing me to Globe chat!)

We abused the network's unlimited text and call promos to its core. Like most people, I was also cynical about "pseudo relationships and pseudo boyfriends". I had my fair share of heartbreaks and tears. So yeah, I gave a fake name, fake address and faked every detail that will lead to the real me. Who wouldn't? Picture this. He just came back from a 3-year stint in Korea and just ended a 5 year relationship that failed in the most epic of ways.

At the onset, I thought this is the best situation, I don't have to meet him. We can both spend time talking about random stuff and not really commit to each other. He may be leaving again soon and it will be for the best. No hard feelings. Just enjoying the fact that someone is out there asking me if I've taken my meals for the day and someone to give me that warm and fuzzy feeling once in a while. Ideal. Not real but it will get me by the loneliness. Of being alone. 

So we went through our routine. But somehow, somewhere in between.. a realization kicked in. I love this person. I am truly in love with him in the most honest and unadulterated way. I was yet again facing a new dilemma of how to tell him that the only thing true about what he knew about me was that i love him dearly. One day while we were at it again.. (daily routine) I just blurted out the truth. It's all or nothing right? I can't go on nursing the lies while I hope that he will not turn his back on me. Oh and it was liberating! Finally being able to tell him everything, not leaving any stone unturned. And his reaction, a faint giggle and welcoming arms (figuratively). It was only then that I realized that he had been honest all along. I am so ashamed of myself. The distrust. The lies. I am happy that it finally ended. 

After my confession, we made everything official. I was his girl. I am the happiest. At this point, we have not seen each other, not yet. We both chose not to discuss about "meet ups" and "eyeballs'. We just enjoyed talking to each other and planning our lives. Yeah, we planned our future. We trusted fate to bring us together, no rush. Then in December last year, 9 months after my confession.. he finally asked me out. Not on a date, but in the guise of helping him pick a gift for a baby girl who's name he drew from the kris kringle hat. And yes, the rest is history. What stood out in my memory was the shy smile he had when we first saw each other. The moment I saw him, I was complete. My heart felt like it was about to burst and go off my chest. 

Then in March of this year, I had the accident. Without having the luxury of walking on both feet, he offered to take care of me. He stayed with me at our condo in Alabang. Happiest days, I must say. And again, just when I thought I couldn't be happier.. he asked me to marry him. Oh, I can still remember how I felt. Cold, trembling hands. Overwhelming feeling. Tried so hard to fight back the tears... I said YES in an instant. It took me years to finally find him and I am not about to let him go. Not in a thousand or even million years!

Today, I am just counting the days for when I can be officially called Mrs Jefferson Alcantara. 

The dark days are finally over and the new day is here promising bright days ahead. 

The waiting has ended.. My partner for life finally found me. 

In the next month, I will be posting updates on the wedding preps and other stuff. 

12.20.14 - Save the date!



-=US=-



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages