Monday, July 4, 2011

Friendster: Revisited

I checked my mail today and received a generic email from Friendster's CEO. It was an  announcement that the new "Friendster" has gone live. Friendster is the first social networking site I joined in back in 2002. It was pretty cool back in the days. I got to reconnect with old people in my life and found new ones. This is where I first took a shot at blogging. The site was my online photo album as I didn't know [and didn't care] about Flickr and Picasa at that time. 


Out of curiosity I visited the site and logged in using my old username and password. It was a breeze, once logged in it prompted me to validate the existing information I have before I can continue. After the validation, I was welcomed by an unfamiliar home page. I know this could happen to the site but I said to myself, "This is crap!". Seriously, the interface sucks. They took out a lot of things that made Friendster fun. I was hoping the upgraded site will make me look at it again the same way I did when it was new and Facebook was an unknown site. Well, looks like I need to give Friendster a rest. As I read back the CEO's letter, they turned it to a social gaming site. I am not a gamer and will not appreciate this site at all. For me this site will always be.. pseudo-Friendster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages