Friday, June 4, 2010

The Legend of The Day that Forgot to End

"Time flies when you're having fun... "

UNCHALLENGED.

It started out as an ordinary Sunday. All that was planned out was grab some coffee and spend some time... and talk each other out crazy. And it did start out as just that. Mid morning Sunday, sipping on some caramel latte and lounging on the couch thinking about and talking about most anything and everything.

And then there was lunch which turned out quite fine despite... despite...despite. But if there ever was a couple that had braved through the "despites" with such happy nonchalant effort and, it would be us.

Coffee again after lunch and a gazillion puffs for him. It was a pleasant pleasant day. Little did I know how fate had already planned the rest of it... how it would be the longest and most perfect day to date.

We had said our reluctant goodbyes only to later on find we were enroute to the same destination. This was Sunday, late afternoon Sunday...

The next couple of hours would then swift by and I find myself waiting for him again, at minutes past 10 in the evening... I did not know where to go or even why I was there. All I knew was how I got there and how utterly wiped out my sense of time was at that point. It was in this moment as he walked in and kissed me... I knew that Sunday, May 19, was not about to end at midnight.

Sleeping was easy. Spending time, loving,,, everything with him is easy. So I stayed and woke up to Pseudo Sunday...

Pseudo Sunday started late and we found ourselves having hashbrowns and hot chocolate. And as fate would have it, we found ourselves lunching, drinking, laughing with our friends at the top of a fake hill chugging down bottles and bottles more.

It was not about to end there though. Yet again we sleep through Pseudo Sunday and wake up to find food outside. We refuse to move along. The day has officially refused to end and we had come to terms with it. Happily.

Call it Tuesday if you must... But this is still Sunday to me. A Sunday that fought its way to try and be FOREVER. But, goodbyes have been said. Kisses... kisses... kisses... a thousand kisses goodbye.

Nice try though. Perhaps another time, it will be forever. For now, The Sunday that forgot to end, May 19... is officially signing off.

Snapping back to reality... One... Two... Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages